Crash Into Me
*sound of me blowing the dust off of my keyboard*
“No time to think, just time to do.” That’s been my motto lately – and I’ve been saying that motto (which means, “doing”) quite a bit. I haven’t been saying it as much on the home front as I have on the work front.
Yes, I’ve been busy. So busy, in fact, that I’ve completely neglected my blog! I know what you’re thinking and I agree – this won’t cut it.
What’s been going on? Let’s see...
- The new and completely redesigned (by seth) umb.com finally went live.
- WeHateSheep.com was featured on CSSElite and CSSMania.
- Last Tuesday my bowling team secured the league championship, which now pushes my streak to four consecutive titles.
- Last weekend my soccer season started along with practices for the upcoming Slayer softball season... and allergies (along with a near sinus infection).
Even though I haven’t been posting lately, I have had some time to decompress. Here’s what I’ve watched in the past two weeks, accompanied with a one sentence review of each.
- “Ice Age The Meltdown” – This falls right in line with sequels that equal.
- 3 discs of “Band of Brothers” – I’m so mad I became so busy, because this series is insanely good.
- “Crash” – A wonderfully written, in-your-face, movie that suffers from a Spielberg-esque ending.
- The beginning of the final episodes of “The West Wing” – I thought all along this season was a great re-invention of the series, and now we’re losing it for good (and that sucks).
- Re-runs of “Entourage” – Even though I’ve seen these episodes, the show still rocks and makes me further anticipate its return in June along with the new season of “Deadwood.”
- “Seed of Chucky” – Why?
- “Alien vs. Predator” – Total guilty pleasure, total fun.
- The new “Doctor Who” – New show that captures the fun and charm of the original series.
And now that we’re 120 days into the year and officially entering the fifth month, where do I stand on my resolutions?
- Sell some items on eBay, the world’s largest online auction.
- Visit a financial advisor.
I still haven’t done this one, yet.
- Establish, and abide by, a monthly budget.
Also something else I haven’t done, yet.
- Pay off one of my credit cards.
- Find a cheaper place to live.
- Learn how to consolidate line items.
- Limit my soda intake to one a month.
I’ve had two sodas in all of 2006.
- Boycott shopping at Wal-Mart.
So far, so good.
- Eat smaller portions.
Not doing so well. One week on and one week off. Grrrrrrr.
- Exercise more, maybe even join a gym.
There aren’t any workout facilities in the Crossroads. Grrrrrrr.
- Remove Google AdSense from my site.
- Win an award.
Here’s to hoping I can get back on track with posting.
+ original post date: April 30, 2006 10:35 PM
+ categories: All About Seth, Family/Friends, General, Movies, Television, Things I've Made, This Site, Work