Back in the day (when day = high school), Todd and I would listen to, take life lessons from, and emulate, “The Jerky Boys.” Seriously, we could listen to this cd and laugh for hours, I still think it’s hilarious... almost like one of your favorite quotable movies. We liked the Jerky Boys so much, that we decided to go out and get our own phone call recording accessories and do our own pranks.
When we had a full enough tape, we would write up a track listing page and then title the tape itself. Being the overly cautious kid that I was, I made sure to title the tapes something my dad would never suspect to be a prank tape. That’s when “Ledbetter 5” and “Gooding #7” were created.
Today, while I was consolidating boxes in my storage unit, I found the track listing sheet for “Gooding #7” and thought I’d share with it with you all.
Gooding #7, Side A
- Ain’t My Dog – I believe this was an argument where we blamed the other person for having a horrible dog, to which the prankee kept saying over and over, “ain’t my dog.”
- Towed Car – I’m thinking we blamed someone for towing our car in this one.
- Randy From High School – This was one of our favorite types of pranks, calling someone up and pretending to be an hold high school friend. This particular one, no clue.
- Who Did It? – Another favorite type of pranks was to blame someone for doing it, allowing them to say they didn’t, and then saying, “I’m gonna snap my fingers and then it’s gonna be ‘serious time,’ *snap* Okay, serious time.”
- Dog on Eaton St. – Can’t remember.
- Gay Birthday – I think we called and asked about renting a place out to have a giant birthday party with all of our gay friends.
- Hee-Hee Joke – Again, can’t remember.
- F-250 vs. Courier – One of our favorite quotable moments came from this argument with a lady, where we (once again) blamed someone for towing our vehicle. At one point she called the truck the incorrect name, so I responded, “that’s F-TWO-fifty, lady.” Silence.
- I’m Freezin’ – Todd called a lady and complained that it was freezing wherever he was and that when he looked down at his dingaling, it wasn’t a pretty sight, “it was all shriveled up.” Her response, “awwwwww.”
- Turn Down Yer Radio – This prank was maybe one of the biggest arguments ever, Todd blamed someone for playing their radio way too loud and they argued back, even though their radio wasn’t on.
- This Is Jose – No memory of this one.
- Drug Smuggler – Or this one.
- I Want My Fan Belts – Yeah, not coming to me.
- Jury Duty – Ah, this was the one, and only, Stuart Womack prank. Stuart called up a lady and was informing her that her husband had missed jury duty and that he was in trouble. It was running very smooth until Stuart started laughing when he accidentally said, “jury dooter.”
- Rom’s Orchard – I think I almost remember this one, just because of the name, but, nope.
- Closed Account – Again, nothing.
- Frank/Dale: Postman – Yet another one of our favorite types of pranks, calling people and informing them that their mail was either opened by us (and thusly, non-returnable) or their mail was lost. As to the specifics of this one, I’m not sure.
- Mailmain Frank Rizzo – Or this one, but from the title, it appears that we were mimicking a Jerky Boys character.
Gooding #7, Side B
- 5 Bobcats – I’m not sure, but this one could’ve been about the small tractor-like bobcat vehicles, and may have been a prank that Peter Reis did.
- Hearing Aid – In another Jerky Boy character mimic prank, this one involved a hard-of-hearing Todd trying to make an appointment at a hearing aid place.
- Call 911 – So I call up this lady and pretend to be a kid who has locked his sister in a safe. The lady screamed for me to call 911, but I told her I didn’t know the number.
- Lou’s Lost Dog – If I remember correctly, this one we called up a lady and told her we lived behind her and that we had lost our dog. We asked her to go out back and call it’s name to see if she could see it. Funny enough, she tried.
- Janitor Job – Don’t have a clue.
- The Turd Guy – Wish I had a clue.
As you can see, we never got around to finishing Gooding, so I’m pretty sure it was our second tape. I also have a horrible memory and I know I’m wrong about some of these descriptions, maybe Todd can chime in. And the worst thing about this all, I don’t know if we still have a copy of this, or not. It’s probably in the same place as some of the old videos we made, which is no where that we know of. Sad.
+ original post date: February 4, 2006 04:14 PM
+ categories: F-Town, Family/Friends, Funny, Ha Ha, I'm An Idiot, Things I've Made, This Is Cool