Web 2.0 fl oz. to Freedom
We live in a Web 2.0 world. Whether you use MySpace, or not, or think that there are WAY too many Web 2.0 initiatives (like I do), face it, you’ve been touched by it somehow (did it feel good?). Well now we can all sit back and have a bit of fun at Web 2.0’s expense... I just ran across this idea while checking out Digg and thought it was the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while:
The Web 2.0 Drinking Game
(source: Adam Frucci of SCI FI)
- Take a drink for every message you get from a blatantly obvious pornbot.
- Take a drink for every friend request you get from a mediocre unknown band.
- Take a drink if you manage to find the person you had a crush on in 2nd grade.
- Finish your drink if they’re still hot.
- Take a drink for every profile you come across that has illegible text due to a huge, awful background image.
- Take a drink for every girl wearing next to nothing in her profile photo with over 1,000 friends.
- Take a drink every time you hit stop on a profile’s music because you’re already listening to music.
- Take two drinks if you’ve ever met up with someone you met on MySpace.
- Finish your drink if they were significantly less attractive than their photo makes them look.
- Take a drink if you see a story on the Digg front page about Digg itself.
- Take another drink if the story is about Digg founder Kevin Rose.
- Take another drink if the story about Kevin Rose is a half-baked conspiracy theory.
- Take a drink if the same story has been submitted twice on the first page of fresh stories.
- Take 2 drinks if there are 4 repeats.
- Finish your drink if there are 6 repeats.
- Take a drink for every Nintendo Wii or Apple story with more than 100 comments.
- Take a drink for every story that was obviously submitted by its author.
- Take a drink for every comment that criticizes poor spelling or grammar in a way that is grammatically incorrect or features misspelled words.
- Take a drink for every story whose link is dead because the “Digg Effect” crashed the site.
- Take a drink for every 5 commenters who complain about it.
- Finish your drink if the site’s webmaster complains about it.
- Take a drink every time you see a video of a celebrity doing something embarrassing.
- Take another drink if that celebrity is P. Diddy.
- Take a drink every time you sneak a peek at a NSFW video at work.
- Take a drink every time someone forwards you a video that is so boring or lame you don’t finish watching it.
- Take a drink for every video you see of someone doing something (drumming, guitar playing, etc.) really quickly.
- Take a drink for every video designed to look like a home video that’s obviously part of a publicity stunt from a major corporation.
- Take a drink every time you watch a clip from a show you forgot to TiVo.
- Take a drink every time you find a music video you haven’t seen in years and realize it’s not as cool as it was when you were 13.
- Take a drink for every article that seems to be of questionable accuracy.
- Take a drink for every article that someone has snuck a reference to Stephen Colbert into.
- Take a drink for every NSFW photo you find hosted on an article you looked up as a joke.
- Take a drink every time you get in trouble for citing Wikipedia as a trustworthy source.
- Take a drink for every article you find that you were sure wouldn’t have an article on Wikipedia.
- Take a drink for every 15 minutes you’ve wasted just reading random articles instead of working.
- Finish your beer if you’ve ever actually corrected or submitted an article.
- Drink a keg if there’s an entry for you on Wikipedia – and you didn’t submit it.
- Take a drink for every 10 photos you have uploaded.
- Take a drink for every embarrassing photo of yourself you wish you could remove from your friends’ pages.
- Take a drink for every user page you find that has every mediocre photo they’ve ever taken.
- Take a drink for every tag of questionable accuracy you find on people’s photos.
- Take a drink for every photo you see of drunk people with their arms around each others shoulders.
- Take a drink for every generic city skyline shot taken at an angle at an attempt at being “artistic.rdquo; Editor: Hey…
- Take a drink for every generic landscape/mountain/sunset shot you see.
- Take a drink for every photo of yourself you can find.
- Take a drink for every picture of someone’s cat.
- Finish a six pack if you’ve posted pictures of your cat.
+ original post date: September 29, 2006 02:04 PM
+ categories: Funny, Ha Ha, Pop Culture, Web Stuff